Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane...

...don't know when I'll be back again! In a few short, short hours, I'll be off on the longest possible (and therefore cheapest possible) trip around the world: from Boston to New York (check!), New York to Newark, Newark to Frankfurt, Frankfurt to Delhi, Delhi to Kathmandu, and Kathmandu to my summer destination: the Banepa Deaf School in Kavre, Nepal. PHEW!

I'm due to arrive in Kathmandu two days from now, and I'll hopefully send another quick message once I've landed unscathed in Nepal. Has everyone made it safely to their respective countries yet? And are you getting stoked? :)

I'm sure I'll be grateful for them if I go trekking in the Himalayas or backpacking around Nepal, but for now, I'm going to look a lot like a pack mule schlepping these packs around New York City!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that sure is a ton of connecting flights. Best of luck on your journey Ty! Be sure to keep in touch when you can. - Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, at least you look good in blue! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree . hope you made it safely--your trip makes my three-hour journey in the wrong direction with a four hour layover seem like mere peanuts!

    ReplyDelete